How to find us.
Greifswald is situated in the Eastern part of the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern close to Germany's most beautiful vacation island Rügen and Usedom. You can reach us within two to three hours by train or car from the metropolitan regions of Berlin and Hamburg. To the Szczecin metropolitan region it is only a two hours drive.
The shortest way to our three WITENO locations in Greifswald
- BioTechnikum Greifswald at Walther-Rathenau-Str. 49a
- cowork Greifswald at Schuhhagen 1
- Technologiezentrum Vorpommern at Brandteichstr. 20
is via the A20 autobahn.
From Hamburg / Rostock:
- A20 exit 25, Greifswald
- For BioTechnikum Greifswald take the bypass road (B109) in the direction Anklam to the exit Gützkower Landstraße, follow Gützkower Landstraße (L35) into the city, turn off at Schönwalder Landstraße and again at Hans-Beimler-Straße
- For cowork Greifswald continue from A20 into the city center, follow the signs for "Parkhaus am Landesmuseum" for parking garage. From the garage it is a 5 min. walk to cowork Greifswald
- For Technologiezentrum Vorpommern take the bypass road (B109) in the direction Anklam, exit at Greifswald/Loitz, L261, continue on L261 till Schillerstraße on the left, follow the signs for Technologiezentrum Vorpommern
From Szczecin / Berlin:
- A20 exit 27 Gützkow
- Follow L35 in the direction Greifswald
- For BioTechnikum Greifswald continue on Gützkower Landstraße (L35) into the city, turn off at Schönwalder Landstraße and again at Hans-Beimler-Straße
- Zum cowork Greifswald continue on Gützkower Landstraße (L35) into the city center, turn into Bahnhofstraße at the roundabout at the train station, follow the signs for "Parkhaus am Landesmuseum" for parking garage
- For Technologiezentrum Vorpommern continue on Gützkower Landstraße (L35) into the city, take a left on Siemensallee traffic light, follow Siemensallee right to the TZV
Greifswald is accessible by ICE and IC train service from both, Berlin and Hamburg. For the remaining From Greifswald Hauptbahnhof it is easiest to take a cab to cover the remaining distance. We are also happy to pick you up at the train station.
From Rostock-Laage regional airport it is a one hour drive to Greifswald. The drive from the Berlin airports takes about 2 to 2.5 hours. Visitors coming from Poland or other Eastern European destinations may check out connections to Szczecin Goliniow airport.
In 2009 Greifswald became known as the new bicycle capital of Germany. With a bicycle traffic share of 44% Greifswald was able to oust long-term champion Münster from the throne. In 2014 Greifswald gained recognition as most bicycle-friendly city in the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. With the compact city structure it is easy to cover most distances in Greifswald by bike. For those traveling longer distances we can recommend the information of the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Tourism Association for appropriate routes.
Greifswald can also be reached by foot. A renown connection is the Baltic-Westfalian Path (Via Baltica), the northern-most route of the German connections to the Way of St. James. The path starts on the isle of Usedom on the Polish-German border between Swinemünde (Swinoujscie) and Kamminke. It marks the way from the Baltic Sea states to Santiago de Compostela in Spain.